If you’ve ever processed a cube then browsed it and there’s no data in there one of the common resolutions is to check that the word ‘CALCULATE’ exists in the Calculations tab within the Cube Designer in BIDS as shown below:
If it doesn’t exist then add and re-process your cube.
You may receive this error message “XML for Analysis parser: The DbpropMsmdSubqueries property was not recognized” when connecting from Excel 2010 to SSAS 2005
In most cases the machine will have had Excel 2007 previously installed and Excel 2010 has been installed side-by-side with 2007 or has been upgraded to Excel 2010
Install the Analysis Services OLE DB Provider for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 available in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Feature Pack
Here’s an overview of what the Analysis Services OLE DB Provider is:
The Analysis Services OLE DB Provider is a COM component that software developers can use to create client-side applications that browse metadata and query data stored in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services. This provider implements both the OLE DB specification and the specification’s extensions for online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining.
Note: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services OLE DB Provider requires Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0, also available on this page.
The provider can be downloaded from the following links:
X86 Package (SQLServer2008_ASOLEDB10.msi)
X64 Package (SQLServer2008_ASOLEDB10.msi)
If you receive this error when attempting to process a cube:
OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00;
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.; 08001;
SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ; 08001.
Try checking the following:
- Remote Connections are enabled on the instance your Data Source Database resides on
- If using the server/host name in your data source connection string ensure that the named pipes protocol is enabled within SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server Network Configuration on the instance your Data Source Database resides on
In order to use the Source Code Control feature of Team Foundation Server 2012 (including Express Edition) with Visual Studio 2005 or Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 you need to install the following on your client machine:
- An instance of Team Foundation Server 2012 (or Express edition) up and running.
- Visual Studio 205 SP1 / BIDS 2005 SP1
TFS 2012 Team Explorer
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 MSSCCI Provider 32-bit
To enable the MSSCCI plug within Visual Studio 2005 / BIDS 2005 go to Tools > Options, find “Source Control” and select the “Team Foundation Server MSSCCI provider”.
BIDS Helper Overview:
A Visual Studio add-in with features that extend and enhance business intelligence development functionality in SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2 BI Development Studio (BIDS) and SQL Server 2012 SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
A new version of BIDS Helper (1.6.1) is available here: http://bidshelper.codeplex.com/releases/view/88092
In addition to fixing a number of bugs that beta testers reported, this release includes the following new features for Tabular models in SQL 2012:
- Tabular Display Folders
- Tabular Translations Editor
- Tabular Sync Descriptions
- Biml issues
- SSIS Value cannot be null. Parameter name: adornedElement (Microsoft Visual Studio)
- fixing bug in Tabular Actions Editor Form where you type in an invalid action name which is a reserved word like CON or which is a duplicate name to another action
- Sync Descriptions (With Tables) Working? – fixing bug in SSAS Sync Descriptions where only the selected extra property (not all checked extra properties) are added to the description
- Tabular: data source credentials wiped out by Tabular HideMemberIf feature – fixing bug for models with data sources with credentials, Tabular HideMemberIf wipes out the credentials
- Edit Variable Expression in VS 2010 with BIDS Helper 2012 1.6.0 does not refresh result from expression in Task
- Tabular drillthrough returns numbers as text