If you receive this error when attempting to process a cube:
OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00;
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.; 08001;
SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ; 08001.
Try checking the following:
- Remote Connections are enabled on the instance your Data Source Database resides on
- If using the server/host name in your data source connection string ensure that the named pipes protocol is enabled within SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server Network Configuration on the instance your Data Source Database resides on
When attempting to browse an Analysis Services Cube in the BIDS Browser the following error message is displayed:
|The query could not be processed:
|o XML for Analysis parser: The LocaleIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be assigned a new value.
The language will be set to ‘Default’
Select your language ( e.g. English (United Kingdom) ) from the language drop down box and you’ll be able be able to browse the cube.
** UPDATED 11/10/12 **
I’ve come across a more permanent fix for this issue:
1. Open Start – Control Panel, find Location Settings (or Regional Settings or Region and Language).
2. Find the Format setting (which determines date and time formats).
3. Change it from your normal setting (in my case English (United Kingdom)) to English (United States). Apply the change.
4. Straight away set it back to what it was before (in my case English (United Kingdom)). Apply the change.
5. You will need to restart the BIDS if you have it open.
The error should not appear again for that user on the machine the fix was applied to.
BIDS Helper Overview:
A Visual Studio add-in with features that extend and enhance business intelligence development functionality in SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2 BI Development Studio (BIDS) and SQL Server 2012 SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
A new version of BIDS Helper (1.6.1) is available here: http://bidshelper.codeplex.com/releases/view/88092
In addition to fixing a number of bugs that beta testers reported, this release includes the following new features for Tabular models in SQL 2012:
- Tabular Display Folders
- Tabular Translations Editor
- Tabular Sync Descriptions
- Biml issues
- SSIS Value cannot be null. Parameter name: adornedElement (Microsoft Visual Studio)
- fixing bug in Tabular Actions Editor Form where you type in an invalid action name which is a reserved word like CON or which is a duplicate name to another action
- Sync Descriptions (With Tables) Working? – fixing bug in SSAS Sync Descriptions where only the selected extra property (not all checked extra properties) are added to the description
- Tabular: data source credentials wiped out by Tabular HideMemberIf feature – fixing bug for models with data sources with credentials, Tabular HideMemberIf wipes out the credentials
- Edit Variable Expression in VS 2010 with BIDS Helper 2012 1.6.0 does not refresh result from expression in Task
- Tabular drillthrough returns numbers as text